Thursday 8 November 2012

Happy Hexagons are here!

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd better post today before things get too hectic. I have an exam tomorrow (and I am going to flunk it!) and then moving houses this weekend so won't have much time to post I suspect.

My PTI order finally arrived yesterday and unfortunately I couldn't get my hands off it! I had been eyeing the hexagon and harlequin cover plates for some time now and had to nab them when they were both in stock.

They were definitely fun to play with but require a fair bit of patience as it does take time to stamp and assemble them! But the results are rather striking even when you didn't think through colours. I am aware that Nichole Heady has some formulas or layout to make them look nice with the number of pieces needed for each colour. However, being me, I couldn't be bothered and I just went with random placements which still worked perfectly fine.

So I made two cards yesterday instead of doing some studies (seeing as it won't affect whether I graduate or not, and you all know the temptation when you get your hands on somethine new after 6 months of nothing!).

Now, the hexagons or the colours have nothing to do with Christmas, but I figured I may as well use the new Christmas stamp sets too. Whoever receives these can be baffled at my designs ;)

I used some Royal Velvet here because it's not a colour I use very often and it went with the new ink I got (Royal Velvet, Smokey Shadow and Winter Wisteria).


Next up is a bit more cheery and more fitted to our New Zealand summer Christmas. Still doesn't look anything like a Christmas card, but hey, it's handmade! ;)


 So there it is from me. I'd better do some work just to make myself feel better. Why I agreed to take part in the exam I do not know (since I did have a choice whether to sit it or not!!!). Anyway, wish me luck in moving around all my junk to the new house and I am very much looking forward to a new corner desk which will now be set up primarily for crafting purposes (seeing as I won't be getting much homework to do once work starts!).

Thanks for coming around :)

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:

{Sending Best Wishes for a Happy Holiday}
STAMP: [PTI] Happy Hexagons, Over Under Easy: Holiday Additions
INK: [PTI] Royal Velvet, Smokey Shadow, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf, Winter Wisteria, Autumn Rose
PAPER: [PTI] Royal Velvet, Rustic Cream
OTHER: [PTI] Mat Stack 4 die, satin ribbon (Royal Velvet), Cover Plate: Hexagon die; foam tape

{Wishing You a Cozy Holiday Season}
STAMP: [PTI] Happy Hexagons, Happiest of Holidays
INK: [PTI] Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores; [SU!] Daffodil Delight
PAPER: [PTI] Summer Sunrise, Stamper's Select Delight, Vintage Cream
OTHER: [PTI] Cover Plate: Hexagon die, Tag Sales 5 die


1 comment:

carol (krillsister) said...

Love the colors on the first card. Soo pretty. I think you did an awesome job placing those hexagons.