Tuesday 13 November 2012

Moved in!

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a fab weekend. I've spent the last weekend moving houses and now I can officially say I've moved out of home.

Things have settled down in my new place (with one other flatmate) and I can now proudly say that I have a giant desk the size of a single bed for all my crafting goodies. It is a nice change having all those cardstock sitting on the table.

Remind me to show you all a photo later sometime...

Anyway, I have one card to share today (because I'm savouring the others for later). I was just told by a friend yesterday that she was getting married in January. She hadn't even told me she was engaged! Given that I have known both bride and the groom since beginning of high school, going back 11 years, I thought I'd better make them a special card. Especially knowing that they did a simple email wedding invites (if they had told me sooner, I could have made handmade ones!!!).


Note the new card background. No longer on my bed! Well, I might still if I get sick of moving downstairs for photos. Haha.

This card is hot off the press. And I thought I'd stick with the hexagons since I'm having so much fun with it. I used the sentiments from Love & Marriage set and heat embossed it in gold. Butterfly die cut was smudged with 3 different inks using the Tim Holtz Blending Tool and then sprayed with a bit of mist.

So that's it from me. Hope you all liked the card. Now I'd better get back into Christmas cards!

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMP: [PTI] Happy Hexagons, Love & Marriage
INK: [PTI] Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise; [Versamark] Watermark ink pad
PAPER: [PTI] Rustic Cream, Stamper's Select White
OTHER: [PTI] Cover Plate: Hexagons, Half & Half die collection, Beautiful Butterflies die collection; [Tim Holtz] Blending Tool; [Filigree] embossing powder (gold); foam tape

2 comments:

Deb said...

Euna, this is gorgeous! Love those colors on the butterfly! So happy that you have moved into your new space. Enjoy!!!!

Leigh Penner said...

I'm glad you're move went well and your new craft desk sounds great!
I love the colours you used on your beautiful card!