Friday 2 November 2012

Merry Christmas Santa Claus

Just a quick post today (I'm sure I've said this numerous times before too), and I am definitely running out of titles to use for my posts as the number of holiday cards increase. 

I made a card last night using the Tremendous Treats: Christmas stamp set. I have to admit I really struggle to use this set. When I first got the Tiny Treats set, I knew I wanted images to be bigger, but after the Tremendous Treats was release, I just could not figure out how to use them.

Well, as with any crafter, Google Image is your best friend ;) I quickly Googled for some ideas and I give all credits of designing this card to Shelly, because I practically cased her card out of desperation!


The design is more or less the same, but I can't say "Warm Wishes" in New Zealand seeing as it's the middle of Summer here in December. So a quick change-over to my favourite Santa Claus did the trick.

I have to admit that the PTI Kraft ink works and looks so much better on Kraft cardstock. Versamark used to leave very very subtle impressions unless you heat embossed it, but the Kraft ink is just perfect for the background imaging as it is not too bold or subtle.

Anyway, that's it from me today. Thanks for coming around!

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMP: [PTI] Tremendous Treats: Christmas, Tiny Tags II
INK: [PTI] Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Vintage Touch: Tea Dye Duo; [Adirondack] Pitch Black
PAPER: [PTI] Rustic Cream, Kraft, Pure Poppy
OTHER: [PTI] Tiny Tags die collection; [Spellbinder] Nestabilities Labels 1 die collection; [Copic] Sketch Markers (T1, E00, E21, E13, R24, R29, R59, Y32, Y35, Y38); baker's twine (red)

2 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Your little perfectly colored Santa is so cute with the snowflakes in the background. The nesties really make Santa front and center plus a little pop of twine. Great job, Euna!

Rhonda said...

I struggle to use this set as well. Love your coloring.