Monday 12 December 2011

Stars & Scallops Glitterama

Sorry I've been quiet lately! I forget how busy it can get with school! I'm down to my last week before Christmas break starts, so hopefully some more cards next week. In the meantime, I need to do some literature search and study!
 
I felt that I should update my blog today, so I just grabbed whatever cardstocks came to my hand and went crafty. I had no plans whatsoever making this card. I just went with the flow. 
  
I knew I hadn't been crafty for a while when I couldn't score the cardstock in the right place!!! I ended up with a card that was not scored down the middle. So to make up for this mistake, I scalloped the edges and put a Raspberry Fizz and Summer Sunrise cardstocks inside the Hawaiian Shores card base. Now it looks like I've purposefully layered them. Ha!
   
     
Then I got stuck again. But decided you couldn't go wrong with glitter. So ran a strip of double sided tape down the middle. A sentiment to go with the stars, and even more glitter. That Prisma glitter is trouble. It leaves such a mess, but it's so so so pretty!
     
   
Anyway, that's it dor today. It's quite a simple card, but girly enough for your nieces/daughters (I don't have either).

Thanks for coming by. I should have more cards next week (hopefully!).

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMP: [PTI] Inside & Out: Birthday, Star Prints
INK: [PTI] Aqua Mist; [SU!] Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
PAPER: [PTI] Hawaiian Shores, Vintage Cream, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise
OTHER: [PTI] Scallop border die (medium); [Palette] Prisma glitter; [Fiskar] 2" X-Large Star Punch; [Sellotape] Double sided tape

4 comments:

Arlene said...

Your card turned out great! Great color combo. :)

Joyce said...

Cute card. Good to hear from you. Good luck finishing up school.

carol (krillsister) said...

Super card. Love that sentiment.

Deb said...

Beautiful card, Euna! Love those colors!