Saturday 24 December 2011

Make It Monday #46

Hello hello!
  
It's another day in Christchurch and Mother Nature is still rock'n rollin'. Not too bad today though. Nothing 'major' since the 5.1 magnitude wake up call at 6:30am. There's still the odd little shakes, but nothing we're not used to ;)
  
Today, I was out seeing an old friend at the park. Malls were surprisingly not so packed - I suspect yesterday's shake ups have freaked a few shoppers out.
  
Anyway, I've tackled the Make It Monday at last! I really don't do well with tags, but I gave it a crack.
So this week's challenge was to turn any die into a folded tag. It's more or less the same theory as the Shape Up series dies.
  
I went back to using my Front & Center die. I really don't use that die enough and I just find it a little big for my head to get around. I don't do so well with large spaces - hence I've held off scrapbooking.
 
I've kept this one very simple. And I cut the Front & Center die cuts smaller so I didn't have a large area to decorate. I just stamped it with Polka Dot Basic II and added a tag. Simple as.
  
   
And you might be surprised that this simple thing took me forever to do.
 
Thanks for coming by.
 
Merry Christmas to you all, and hope that you get a well deserved break and family time :)
 
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMP: [PTI] Polka Dot Basics II, Everyday Button Bits
INK: [PTI] Fresh Snow; [Memento] Tuxedo Black; [SU!] Calypso Coral
PAPER: [PTI] Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Vintage Cream
OTHER: [PTI] Front & Center die, Limitless Layers 1.75" Circles die collection; button; [Celebrate!] satin ribbon (cream); baker's twine (orange); [American Crafts] ribbon; [Copic] Sketch Marker (Y38)

3 comments:

Neusinha said...

I love bird....Feliz Natal

Suzanne Russell said...

This is just too cute! And perfect for any time of the year, too. Hope the rest of your holiday is just what you want it to be. Merry Christmas!

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent choice, so creative.