Sunday 6 November 2011

Inspired By & More CAS-Friday

This post is a bit about cards inspired by others. And one of the cards is another entry for the CAS-Friday Challenge #27. Yeah, I'm really playing along with these challenges this week! :)

I'm totally in the mood for acorns today! So Autumn Acorns set it is!

Here's my first card. This one was inspired by a card Nichole Heady made for the August 2011 release - click here to see Nichole's card.

I wanted to make it a bit fun and colourful. And polka dot clear heat embossing over Hawaiian Shores cardbase seemed like a good idea. I stuck out the white cardstock with acorns to the side for a bit of kick (the truth is... the Hawaiian Shores cardstock was a left over bit and was a bit smaller haha). I finished off with some rhinestones on the acorns.


 The second card was inspired by this card I came across on Pinterest. I love Pinterest. I now not only save my favourite cards onto my harddrive but can also pin them to share them with the world how awesome they are ;)

So anyway, my card doesn't look much like the project that inspired me. But it certainly made me grab out the Autumn Acorns set. It's a bit of a shame that I don't have much use for half the sentiments in that set.


 So there you are. Two cards of completely different styles, but both using Autumn Acorns set. I love that set. It's just coming to end of Spring in New Zealand and acorns are not due until Feb/March next year, but I just love how cute acorns are!

Thanks for the visit! :D

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
{nut'n better than a Friend like you}
STAMP: [PTI] Autumn Acorns, Polka Dot Basics II
INK: [SU!] Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Pool Party, Early Espresso; [Versamark] watermark stamp pad
PAPER: [PTI] Hawaiian Shores, Stamper's Select White
OTHER: [Filigree] embossing powder (clear); [Kaisercraft] rhinestones; [We R Memory Keepers] Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (aqua); foam tape

{Thank you}
STAMP: [PTI] Autumn Acorns
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive, Certainly Celery; [PTI] Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo
PAPER: [PTI] Rustic Cream
OTHER
: [PTI] Autumn Acorns die set, Woodgrain impression plate, Simply Chartreuse button, rustic jute button twine; [Celebrate] satin ribbon; foam tape; [K&Company] adhesive dots

7 comments:

Deb said...

Loving the bright colors you chose for your first card! Great job! Your recent cards got me playing along too.

Mad for Paper said...

Love those bright acorns. what a fun card!
TFS
Ang

Joyce said...

Love your cards! So fun to play with interesting colors. And, I have really enjoyed my Autumn Acorns set, although it may be put away for a bit in deference to holiday time. I had pinned the exact same card you pinned for inspiration for your second card. That gal has some brilliant one layer cards, doesn't she?

Jen M said...

Your first card is fab! I really like how the colors are not classic fall colors!

Donelda said...

another beauty!! love all that delicious colour!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Yummy!! I adore those sweet acorns and your color palette in the first project is astounding!! Thanks so much for playing with CAS-ual Fridays!!

Laura Davis said...

Awesome work!
Thanks for playing at Cas-ual Fridays!
Laura