Monday 12 September 2011

Keep It Simple

Today is about keeping it simple. It's something I try to live by, though not always easy - at least I can keep my cards simple!
 
This card is something I've made a few times already, before the blog was born. I thought I would share today seeing that I now have replenished my stock of Rustic Cream cardstock :)


I stamped a large sentiment from Paper Smooches and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. 
 
You can put just about any sentiment for this card. And I tied baker's twine arond the card with coordinating buttons to finish off!

Here's a close-up view which shows the embossing a little better.
 

I scored some lines where the baker's twine was to go, and found that it makes it easier to place the twine into place (and at an even intervals).

That's it for now! Will have to make more cards to share later since I've now run out of my stash!

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMP: Paper Smooches Pretty Phrases
INK: Versamark (for embossing)
PAPER: PTI Rustic Cream
OTHER: Baker's Twine, Buttons, Black Filigree Embossing Powder, ScorBuddy

6 comments:

Jen Adcock said...

Truly Euna-licious! I just love that delightful twine and wee buttons ensemble. So Clean and Sophisticated. Brava!

Deb said...

Beautiful, simple card. Thanks for the twine tip and scoring lines. I will definitely have to do that.

Joyce said...

This is such a cute card. I have that Paper Smooches set, and it's one of my favorite sentiment sets. So fun. Thanks for the hint on scoring lines. Great idea.

Leigh Penner said...

I love this, Euna! It's perfect!

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute CAS card. Love the font of that sentiment. The pastels of the twine are darling.

Michelle said...

Love this. Simplicity at its best.