Monday 29 August 2011

LOVE Scattered Showers

Hi all!

I have discovered the joy of ambient lighting. Well, actually I already knew it, but I always stamp late at night (when I have time) and end up doing my photoshoots then, so my camera hasn't liked the poor lighting conditions and took bad photos. Mind you, it's a bad camera anyway. Totally ready for a dSLR any day now!

So I've taken the photos for the cards from previous post and updated it - they look a bit better now and more acceptable to me, so pop on over and see PTI stamp set plastic boxes/cases in action!

Anyway, onto something you probably came to see - more cards!!!

I sure have gone stamp-happy this mid-semester break. I should start to study... that 5th year exam is looming in but I have that "why worry" personality and don't freak out anywhere near as any of my friends so it's not pushing me to do much work. Oh well, rather happy than depressed. I have needed the de-stressing stamping in my life!

I have a few cards to show, but I thought I'd save most them for another day. So when I feel the need for blogging but have no cards to show, I'll have some hidden  older cards to share! Then you won't think I'm being a lazy blogger! lol

So here are today's cards. 
 

I just LOVE PTI Scattered Showers stamp set!!! I had been eyeing it for a long time and I'm so glad I got it. Umbrellas seem a bit random, but they're so darn cute!

And I'm finally making use of A Little Argyle stamp set! But I think if I had some impression plates, they would have gone really well with these cards.


I made them into two sizes. The smaller square one is just so cute. I'd have liked the corners to have been a bit rounder, but my new corner chomper is on its way from America right now (I just hope it didn't get caught up in Hurricane Irene o.o).

And note the difference between the button twine & baker's twine. I used the baker's twine first and then smacked my forehead for forgetting the button twine hiding in my drawer lol. And I tried using my new Vintage Touch Duo inks with the Tim Holtz distressing tool for the added goodness!


And I just love the way I remembered to use my rhinestones! They look so cute on the umbrella! <3

Anyway, that's it for today. Thanks for coming by as always!

PS - Steph, I have kept my promise and have updated! ;)

SUPPLIES & TOOLS
STAMPS: PTI Scattered Showers, A Little Argyle
INK: Versamark, PTI Vintage Touch Tea Duo
PAPER: PTI Kraft, Spring Moss, Rustic Cream & Simply Chartreuse
OTHER: PTI Mat Stack #4 die, Scattered Showers die, corner rounder, button twine, baker's twine, KaiserCraft rhinestones (Split Pea)

2 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful cards. Love how you put all the different pti goodies together. Love how you inked the frame on one of the cards.

Joyce said...

Two really great cards. Love those umbrellas.