Wednesday 25 April 2012

Catching Up in 'Machina Mode'

Morena everyone (good morning in Te Reo Maori)!
 
I was up early for our ANZAC Day Dawn Service today and it's only 8am (as I am writing this... I haven't even taken photos of cards yet)! Woohoo.
 
I thought it was time I updated. I have lots of cards because I've been a machine (well Steph calls me that). I am currently helping her make 60 cards for young cancer survivors and their caregivers. She had already done 15 cards for kids (click here to view), and looked like needed a bit of inspiration kick or just a friendly help reaching her quota, so I volunteered to help out. It's great because this has given me a new project to work on. So I'm making adult cards. Just something nice. And Steph didn't want any sentiments on them, so if you were wondering why all the cards lack the sentiment, that is the reason why.
 
So I just went for flowers and whatever was nice. I'm a little short on inspiration and new ideas currently so you may see some similar themes/techniques coming through.
 
I've made something like 7 in the last 2 days, but will upload some later - just so you have something to look forward to!!!
 
Something simple and nice :)
 
    
 In case you are wondering what ink I used here with the Copics, I used the new PTI dye inks. They don't seem to smudge all that much if you don't go over with your Copics too much.
   
   
Lazy butterfly card much?

And Rosie Posie with Parisian Lace Doily Die.
 
I'm off to my friend's place after breakfast to do her wedding invites. I made something like a hundred heat embossed frames and Embellishments die cuts while I was in Timaru (yes that was me in the "Machina Mode" haha). So today we are hoping to print things onto the base cardstock, put my new guillotine to good use (oh yes, I got a guillotine! Will do a review of it later some time once I figure out how all the bits work!!!).
 
Ka kite ano.
 
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
{Friends 'Til the End}
STAMP: [PTI] Friends 'Til the End
INK: [PTI] Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Orange Zest
PAPER: [PTI] Rustic Cream, Summer Sunrise
OTHER: [PTI] Edgers #1 die collection, Friends 'Til the End die collection, saddle stitch ribbon (Simply Chartreuse); [Copic] Sketch Marker (G20, G24, T1, Y32, Y35, Y38)
 
{Gradient Butterfly Card}
STAMP: [PTI] Beautiful Butterflies
INK: [PTI] Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Kraft, Dark Chocolate
PAPER: [PTI] Kraft, Rustic Cream, Summer Sunrise
OTHER: [PTI] Beautiful Butterflies die collection, Woodgrain impression plate, grosgrain ribbon (Lemon Tart)

{Parisian Rosie Posie}
STAMP: [PTI] Rosie Posie
INK: [PTI] Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Tea Dye Ink Duo; [SU!] Wild Wasabi
PAPER: [PTI] Rustic Cream, Melon Berry
OTHER: [PTI] Parisian Lace Doily, Rosie Posie die collection, Diamonds impression plate

No comments: