Monday 6 February 2012

Lake Wanaka & Summer Sunshine

As promised, some shots of Lake Wanaka.

Wanaka is a beautiful town in Central Otago in South Island of New Zealand. Lake Wanaka is the 4th largest lake we have in the country and is just b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. It's only about 40 mins drive from Cromwell, so it's nice and close to where I am currently!

I'm staying with a couple who run a motel in Cromwell. They had some friends over and decided to go for a wee trip to Wanaka with their jetboat. They were kind enough to invite me along :)

It was such a beautiful summer's day here in Central Otago. Really hot and scorching under the sun. I don't think I put on enough sunscreen, but I managed to get away without getting burnt.

Here are some nice shots off my shocking quality camera. Thank goodness you don't get to see it in full. I can't wait till I get my own DSLR!!!




Isn't it just gorgeous? And it's a lake. Not even out in the ocean. A very calm ride today. Loved it. Better than any family holiday I've ever had!!!

I would share other photos, but they're all either shocking, or look more or less the same haha.

Thank you for coming by. I hope to share some more things later on :)

1 comment:

Deb said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! What a treat! So glad that you were able to enjoy yourself.