Tuesday 8 November 2011

Christmas Card Galore

I've got LOTS of Christmas cards for you all today! I like to make lots of different designs (because it's always easier to reproduce later than come up with a fresh new design). And I've got my break now, and my October release goodies have arrived yesterday. So I had a bit of a busy day yesterday having fun!:D

I'll try and keep words to a minimum because I know I'm wordy! lol

This card is a really fun card. It's funny that I went straight for the Front & Centre die without thinking after I had organised my new goodies, and somehow decided to make a card out of it. And this is what happened. I thought about adding sentiment to that oval cut, then (somehow) ended up making a tag to fit into it.





Here's what the tag looks like pulled out. I had to put two layers of foam tape around the Front & Centre die cut to make this really work.


Here's another card with some more Melon Berry/Berry Sorbet goodness! Talk about unconventional colours for Christmas! But I love it! And I finally got my hands on those Prisma Glitter, and boy oh boy were they pretty. Not to mention a mess on my table. By the time I finished the card, I had glittery black pants! ;)


A simple card with In the Meadow set. I'm really loving this set. I have no idea what to do with the snowman, but I'll figure it out later. In this card, I used a satin cardstock to add a bit of shimmer to the snow.

 One more, and somewhat masculine, if there is such thing as masculine Christmas cards. Keep it simple is the way to go.


This next card is a complete CASE of Maile Belles' card. I loved it so much I had to reproduce it. And this is why I desperately need some chocolate ink!!! Remember how I said Dawn McVey was such an inspiration? Well, Maile's one of my favs too. I love PTI Design Team <3


 And last but not least! I regret using white cardstock for the Santa... but oh well. That Santa is uber cute and I'm so glad they came in mega sizes ;) I distressed the edges of the card with my scissors. I was surprised how easy it was. I had never tried it before and something just told me to do it yesterday. Love the little vintage look it adds. Now if I only had some Copics to go with these cute Tremendous Treats sets...



 Anyway, that's it for the day! I've just come back from a shopping spree with mum and I am tired. And I could use some dinner too! ;) See you all later, and thanks for poppin' by!

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
{Front & Centre Tag Card}
STAMP: [PTI] Wonderful Words: Holiday, Background Basics: Sheet Music
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso; Versamark
PAPER: [PTI] Vintage Cream, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry
OTHER: [PTI] Front & Centre die, Wonderful Words: Holiday die collection; [We R Memory Keepers] Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (aqua); foam tape; [DMC] Pearlescent Effects embroidery floss (E5200); [Celebrate] satin ribbon (cream)

{Melon Berry & Snowflakes Card}
STAMP: [PTI] Wonderful Words: Holiday
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso
PAPER: [PTI] Kraft, Melon Berry, Rustic Cream
OTHER
: [PTI] Wonderful Words: Holiday die collection, Damask Snowflakes die collection, Tin Types impression plate, Woodgrain impression plate, Scalloped border die (medium); Prisma Glitter; foam tape; [Celebrate] satin ribbon (cream)

{In the Meadow...}
STAMP: [PTI] In the Meadow
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso, Old Olive; [PTI] Spring Moss
PAPER: [PTI] Stamper's Select White, Rustic Cream; [unknown brand] satin cardstock
OTHER
: [PTI] In the Meadow: Silhouettes die collection, In the Meadow (snowdrift) die collection

{Dashing Through the Snow...}
STAMP: [PTI] In the Meadow
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso; [PTI] Fresh Snow, Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo; Versamark
PAPER: [PTI] Enchanted Evening, Simply Chartreuse, Stamper's Select White
OTHER
: [PTI] In the Meadow: Silhouettes die collection, In the Meadow (snowdrift) die collection; foam tape

{Good Tidings...}
STAMP: [PTI] In the Meadow
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso, Old Olive
PAPER: [PTI] Rustic Cream, Aqua Mist
OTHER
: [PTI] In the Meadow: Silhouettes die collection, In the Meadow (snowdrift) die collection; Prisma Glitter; foam tape

{Vintage Musical Santa Card}
STAMP: [PTI] Background Basics: Sheet Music, Tremendous Treats: Christmas, Wonderful Words: Holiday
INK: [SU!] Real Red, Early Espresso; [PTI] Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo
PAPER: [PTI] Kraft, Stamper's Select White, Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy
OTHER
: [PTI] Limitless Layers 1.75" Circles Collection, Damask Snowflakes die collection, Wonderful Words: Holiday die collection; [Kaisercraft] rhinestones; foam tape; [Faber-Castell] Watercolour Pencils

5 comments:

Joyce said...

These are all super cute.

Deb said...

WOW! It looks like you had a fun time playing with your October release goodies! That is a crazy amount of cards you created and they are all beautiful at that. I really like how you used your Front and Center die for a card front. Great idea!

cards by cara said...

Love these! I SO wish I had gotten the wonderful words holiday set!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great set of cards. You have some good color combinations. Very creative use of the front & center die on your card.

Carolyne Aarsen said...

love these cards. Just got a notice that my Papertrey order is in ay the Post Office so I'm excited to try these stamps out for myself. Thanks for sharing.