Monday 17 October 2011

Love Autumn Acorns!

I know, I did promise that I would be good and study... however, my brain has fizzled out for the day. So what do you do? You make cards (it's called relaxation therapy!) - so here's just a quick post before I go figure out what murmurs in childhood mean...
 
I told you before that I've waited and waited for my Autumn Acorns stamp set and then ran flat on ideas. Well, not anymore! I've finally put it to some use!
 
 
I love my acorns! My parents had a massive acorn collection spree earlier in the year (when it was autumn in New Zealand). My family got to a point where we would have a fit at the sight of acorns. lol. However, I must admit, I like my acorn jelly (it's a Korean food that requires bucket loads of work to make from scratch!).
 
Anyway... I have gone off on a tangent. I just love those wee acorn stamps/dies! They are quickly becoming my favs (except I don't know how else to use them!). I went very 'earthy' with this card. Woodgrain impression plate and kraft and greens!
 
I had to make two. One's packaged up in a cellophane bag at the moment... and my, oh my, what a difference it makes. It turns a pretty handmade card into a professional looking one! Ah, the magic of plastic wrapping (lol!).
 
Thanks for coming by again! Just 2 more weeks and I'll be done with 5th year exams, then 2 week break before beginning my last year at uni!!! :D

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMP: PTI Autumn Acorns
INK: SU! Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso
PAPER: PTI Rustic Cream, Vintage Cream, Kraft cardstocks
OTHER: PTI Jute Button Twine, Autumn Acorns Die Set, Woodgrain Impression Plate

6 comments:

Arlene said...

Such a beautiful card...love the color combo and the simplicity!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is darling! I love the elements over the woodgrain impressioned background!

Joyce said...

Such a cute card. I have to admit that I was so excited when I ordered this set, and haven't used it nearly enough. You did a good job with this one, so I may copy. And, now, I feel I should tell you to get back to your studies, dearie!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. The woodgrain IP is an awesome background for this card. Love how the twine contributes to its rustic look.

Kara said...

so cute!! love the colors and the texture from the ip!

Deb said...

This card is great! I love the woodgrain background. Now back to the books....